Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Good reasons to take the CLEP tests

ACSMM INC reviews products and operates http://www.bizclimber.com/ .

I find that there is a lot of misinformation out there about the CLEP tests; so I am going to post the best resources I find here. In my full-time job, I am a college professor and also I am a homeschooling parent; so I know the CLEP tests can be really useful from both sides of the table.

Let's start with general information on the CLEP:

You can find the basic information and reasons to take the CLEP tests here.

I think the most basic reasons to take CLEP tests are:
  1. Reduce your college costs (That really matters!)
  2. Reduce your time to college degree
  3. Owe less money after graduation
  4. Get credit for what you know
  5. Benefit from a learning style that learns independently and tests well
  6. Allow for a better college experience, by taking more advanced/specialized courses in college in your first year of college
  7. Allow you to test out of college requirements (e.g. foreign language)

Many colleges give credit for the CLEP, but not all. If you know the college that interests you, check with them directly. Go here for information on registration.

Here is what I do not know, may be some of you do. Does taking the CLEP before college admission increase your chances of acceptance and/or your chances of getting better financial aid?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great resource... keep blogging.