There are 2 types of CLEP tests: kitchen-sink tests (e.g. Natural sciences, Social sciences, Western Civilization I and II, college mathematics, etc.) and subject specific tests (e.g. Microeconomics and US history I). It seems to me that it would be more difficult to cover the whole scope of Western Civ. than to know US history.
Also, there are clear clusters: see psychology below, micro and macro economics, both US history, etc.
The list of the available tests are here. Here is a summary:
Foreign languages (all have levels 1 and 2):
- Spanish (120 MCQ)
- German (120 MCQ)
- French (121 MCQ)
Social Sciences and History:
- Microeconomics (my subject!) and macroeconomics (80 MCQ each)
- Western Civ. (2 tests) (120 MCQ each)
- US history (2 tests) (120 MCQ each)
- American Government (100 MCQ)
- Psychology (95 MCQ), Educational Psychology (100 MCQ), Human growth and development (90 MCQ)
- Sociology (100 MCQ)
- Social sciences and history (120 MCQ)
Business:
- Business Law (100 MCQ)
- Management (100 MCQ)
- Marketing (100 MCQ)
- IT (100 MCQ)
- Financial accounting (75 MCQ - I remember taking this at the Simon School, I wish I had tested out!)
Math:
- College Mathematics (60 MCQ) (anything from logic and set theory to stats and geometry)
- College Algebra (60 MCQ)
- Precalculus (48 MCQ)
- Calculus (45 MCQ) There is a PDF file explaining this test.
Sciences:
- Natural Sciences (120 MCQ)
- Chemistry (75 MCQ)
- Biology (115 MCQ)
Humanities and Literature:
- Humanities (140 MCQ)
- American Lit. (100 MCQ)
- Analyzing Lit. (80 MCQ, essay optional and graded by your college. Is that right?)
- College composition (2 versions of this test: 90 MCQ only, or 45 MCQ + essay)
- English composition (MCQ + essay? depends on the college?)
Note: MCQ = multiple choice questions
No comments:
Post a Comment